COVID-19 is having unprecedented effects on healthcare systems around the world. As a healthcare professional, it’s important to know how to
respond safely and effectively.
On this course, led by experts at St George’s University of London, you’ll explore the epidemiology, clinical symptoms and signs, and current management of COVID-19 and follow the evolving situation in the UK.
You’ll learn how to complete a safe assessment of suspected COVID-19 cases and discover the best protocol to protect yourself and others.
2 week course of 2 hours per week.
The course will cover what you need to know and what you need to do in relation to the Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in primary care.
Topics we will cover include:
- Background of COVID-19
- Current situation in the UK
- When to suspect COVID-19 infection in primary care
- Safe assessment of suspected cases
- Infection prevention and control
- Management of acutely unwell patients
- Management of those with mild symptoms in home isolation
- Consultation tips and advice on keeping your practice running safely
This course is designed for front-line clinicians, healthcare workers and professionals who are dealing with the large volume of patients in the current COVID-19 pandemic within the UK primary care.
FutureLearn and St George’s University of London
Tags: Futurelearn, e-learning, COVID19, GP, general practice, primary health care, diagnosis, preparation, management, community, nurse, practice nurse,