1.0 News and Information
Digest Survey – feedback
Thank you to everyone to contributed to our recent survey about this digest. Over the next few months you will start to see a few changes to the digest based on your feedback.
NHS eLearning Repository – content freeze
Users of the NHS eLearning Repository should have received notification this week of a content freeze effecting the upload of new content from 31 May.
Content currently linked to the NHS eLearning Repository will not be affected and new content will be need to be uploaded via an alternative means.
If you are an NHS eLearning Repository content owner who have not received notification of the changes, it is available here https://www.elearningrepository.nhs.uk/content/nhs-elearning-repository-migration-learning-hub-developments-and-final-calls-action, alternatively please contact the NHS eLearning Repository Support Team firstname.lastname@example.org
2.0 New Resources
000 North QUIT
Three QUIT modules are now available to all North Trusts in ESR – other Trusts can access these modules via the NHS eLearning Repository, https://www.elearningrepository.nhs.uk/ .
The modules are aimed to assist staff on how to talk to patients about smoking alternatives during their stay.
The modules cover
- The different elements of the QUIT Programme
- Why we are implementing the QUIT programme is being implemented in all Hospitals
- About nicotine addiction and smoking as a disease
- How to give very brief interventions
The three modules are;
- 000 North QUIT Module One
- 000 North QUIT Module Two – Mental Health Trust Inpatient Pathways
- 000 North QUIT Module Two – Acute Trust Inpatient Pathways
Please refer to ESR user notice UN3027 for more information about the courses below or log on to ESR https://my.esr.nhs.uk/dashboard/web/esrweb.
Genomics in the NHS
The Genomics in the NHS programme is a collection of e-Learning courses developed by NHS educational teams to support and educate healthcare professionals about genomic medicine and the benefit it will bring to patient care.
- 000 Genomics 101 – Dominant, Recessive and Beyond: Inherited Genetic Conditions
- 000 Genomics 101 – From Gene to Protein
- 000 Genomics 101 – Genes to Genome
- 000 Genomics 101 – Genomics In Healthcare
- 000 Genomics 101 – Inheriting Genomic Information
- 000 Genomics 101 – Investigating the Genome Part 1: The Process
- 000 Genomics 101 – Investigating the Genome Part 2: The Tests
- 000 Genomics 101 – Taking and Drawing a Genetic Family History
- 000 Genomics 101 – Talking Genomics: Tips and Tools for Communicating
- 000 Genomics Medicine Service: Discussing Diagnostic Germline Genomic Tests
- 000 Genomics Medicine Service: Introduction to Offering Genomic Tests
- 000 Genomics Medicine Service: The National Genomic Research Library
- 000 Public Health Masterclass: Genomics in Healthcare
Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS)
This e-Learning has been developed to support analysts and other health and care professionals working in population health to build their knowledge and skills within this area. Population health management (PHM) is central to the development of and is a new focus of analytical work for analysts working across these partnerships.
- 000 AMS: Delayed prescribing for common infections in out-of-hours primary care
- 000 AMS: Managing patient expectations in out-of-hours primary care
- 000 AMS: Promoting self-care in out-of-hours primary care
- 000 AMS: Safety netting for common infections in out-of-hours primary care
The Stroke e-Learning programme has been designed to provide an overview of stroke care across the entire pathway and promote better patient care, by providing all health and social care professionals and multidisciplinary teams with the appropriate level of knowledge, skills and experience they need to deliver effective stroke prevention and care to people with stroke, and at risk of stroke.
- 000 Stroke
- 000 Stroke Toolkit
Other programmes new to ESR are:
- 000 Identifying and Responding to Sexual Assault and Abuse
- 000 PRosPer
- 000 Care Certificate Assessors
- 000 Clinical Risk Management Training: Refresher
- 000 Clinical Risk Management Training: Best Practice Guidelines
- 000 Clinical Risk Management Training: Community of Interest
- 000 Population Health Management
- 000 Adolescent Health 01-13
e-Learning for Healthcare
Please refer to TEL News – April 2021 for more information about the courses below or log on to e-Learning for Healthcare, https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/
Updates have been made to the follow e-LfH programmes
- All Our Health
- Clinical Imaging
- e-LPRAS (e-Learning for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery)
- e-LLCA (End of life care e-learning pathway)
- Foundation e-learning programme
- Radiology-Integrated Training Initiative
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
VideoScribe Masterclass: How to add hand-drawn animations to live action video – 27 May 2021, 16.00 BST
If you’ve ever wondered how you can combine the storytelling power of hand-drawn animation with live action video then this is the webinar for you.
The actionable takeaways you’ll leave with:
- Exactly what mixed media animation is and how it can benefit you
- The easy step-by-step process to overlay VideoScribe animations on live action video
- Inspiration for your own mixed media animations from our examples
- Inside tips and tricks for professional-looking mixed media animations
For more information or to register visit, https://info.videoscribe.co/webinar/videoscribe-masterclass-how-to-add-hand-drawn-animations-to-live-action-video
Eleventh-Hour Script Changes: Updating eLearning Voiceover On Time And Under Budget – 1 June 2021, 18.00 BST
Jordan Cooper and Katie Ducich from WellSaid Labs will show you how last minute script changes can be made in minutes, without sacrificing desired quality or valuable budget. In addition, this webinar will also show you the advancements of text-to-speech technology accomplished with Artificial Intelligence.
For more information or to register visit, https://elearningindustry.com/webinars/updating-elearning-voiceover-on-time-under-budget
Virtual Instructor-led Training is Here to Stay. Are You Ready? – 2 June 2021, 18.00 BST
Virtual instructor-led training (VILT) is here to stay: Global Workplace Analytics research found that over 56% of Americans hold a job that is compatible with working remotely. Join your host, Jon O’Keefe, technology education Jedi and Master Modern Classroom Certified Trainer (MCCT), will explore the challenges of moving in-person instruction online in a fun, engaging way.
For more information or to register visit, https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FU0fKky7Q2yjyb1FoEYlzw
Workflow Learning: Enabling The 5 Moments of Need Tue – 8 Jun 2021, 20.00 BST
In this session Bob Mosher, CEO and Chief Learning Evangelist of APPLY Synergies, a 5 Moments of Need company, will discuss the methodology behind The 5 Moments of Need and Workflow Learning (learning while doing), and how it can help us have a different level of conversation with those we serve—while helping us influence the effectiveness of the business in remarkable ways.
For more information or to register visit, https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6759899057686308879
Is Your Training Material Ready For eLearning? Key Considerations For High-Impact eLearning – 10 June 2021, 16.00 BST
This webinar will help you take stock of how ready your training material is for eLearning. It also shares 3 high-level considerations (such as ensuring your training is aligned with business goals) to get started in the right direction. You wouldn’t want to miss the part on aligning classroom activities with their counterparts in eLearning!
For more information or to register visit, https://elearningindustry.com/webinars/training-material-ready-for-high-impact-elearning
Webinar – Recordings
Graphic design in eLearning: Common mistakes and how to avoid them – recording
Did you know that it’s possible to build eye-catching and effective training courses, even if you don’t have a designer on your team?
For more information or to register visit, youtu.be/vw3y-qs2Zxc
Improve learner experience with 6 simple graphic design principles – recording
In this session, you’ll see that you don’t need a graphic design degree to make your learning materials look polished and professional.
This session will cover design principles such as —contrast, repetition, alignment, proximity, similarity, and symmetry—that will help you make your content shine.
For more information or to register visit, https://www.ispringsolutions.com/webinars/graphic-design-in-elearning-common-mistakes-and-how-avoid-them
4.0 Learning Technology Articles and Information